Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thomas Cup vs Champions' League

Well, 2 disappointments within 2-week time somehow make me ponder on something.

First, it was Thomas Cup semi-final when Malaysia was defeated by China 2-3. The defeat is expected. When the tie was 2-2, I still put a little hope, how slim I aware it was..

Second, the team I support Chelsea lost to Man United 5-6 on penalties (1-1 regular time). It was so close yet too far..

Between two, my favourite disappointment is the second.

You might wonder why..
This is what we called sportmanship.

Just to let you know..
during 3rd single of Thomas Cup (the decider), I didn't watch 2nd set coz I already know the result looking the way 1st set was played.
No offence, but that 'man' really let the nation down. Fullstop.

Back to Champions League. To be frank, I am not a fanatic Chelsea fan. Just because I hate Man United most (again, no offence..hihihi), so I pick Chelsea, the team I believe a strong contender & challenger to Man United.
The final was amazing. I won't go into details. Ask any impartial analyst will say Chelsea deserve to win. Especially that poor captain, who missed the kick. Anyway, this is football & that's why it is the most popular sport on earth..Full of uncertainties, full of surprises...

So, comparing the two matches..I suddenly realized that I do not mind losing as long as you give your best shot.

1 comment:

wanrulez said...

Just face it. MU is a much better team than Chelsea. Especially that Drogba...always over acting and he deserved the red card.