Monday, May 12, 2008

The Day Has Come..

12 May 08
How can I forget the date.. Today is the day where I have to undergo my chemotherapy session. Oh, you have no idea how much I hate the word! Anyway, I have made up my mind. Let's get it done ASAP. InsyaAllah... everything going to be just fine, AMIN..

I went to DSH at 11.00am. After filling in some documents etc, I waited for Guarantee Letter from PM Care (Health Care provider for Toyota).
Only at 3.30pm my GL was ready. I was sent to room no 357.
So, about 4.00pm, general surgeon (Dr.Thong) came in to brief me on minor surgery to implant chemo-port in my body (below shoulder & next to chest of my right). This port needed to be inserted to ease chemotherapy procedures. Although this port is optional, when I calculate on how many times my veins at my arm to be poked, I rather have this port.

Generally I have 4 cycles to complete, 3-week period for each cycle. How long my chemotherapy? You do the math. My aim is to continue my normal life come AUGUST'08.

Each cycle, on the 1st week I have to be given 2 drugs on 1st day, 3 drugs on 2nd day, 2 drugs on 3rd day. These 3 days must be in consecutive days. Then 1 drug on 2rd & 3rd week each. All in all, 9 times of drugs for every cycle. Meaning 36 dose of drugs!!! (hopefully this not entitled me to be called drug addict). However, I believe my urine test must be positive of all kind of drugs..hehehe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you honey,I always do.
Love you :)

Anonymous said...

we will always be with u tooooo :) (nak nyebok gak)

wanrulez said...

ciki,

we all pray for your health.
Sesungguhnya Allah bersama org yg sabar.

Wan, Fara & Adriana

Anonymous said...

setiap org ada bahagian masing2... yg penting setiap apa yg kita hadapi adalah ujian... jadi senang pun satu ujian... susah dan senang kena ingat Allah... ingat pesan Allah dalam Surah Yunus ayat 12....