Thursday, May 29, 2008

Low White Blood Cell

Suppose I have to come back to work today.

However, my white blood cell count is low (3.5 - normal is 4.3-10.5). Last week was 7.2. Due to drugs that I took, it dropped significantly. As a result, one injection (insulin) given at my stomach to boost my white cell count.

If situation is not improved, my next chemo session will be postponed. I hope not..

Few risks with the low white blood, among others..exposed to infection. So, doctor advised me to stay away from crowd.
Then, even a small cut also resulted in me getting a serious infection. (that's why I am not going to shave my hair yet..hehehe)

To cope with this problem, I need to eat a balanced diet & rest.

Hope the condition will be better before my 2nd cycle which is scheduled on 2 June. Amin..

No comments: