Friday, May 9, 2008

Now, Even a Cat Can Fly..

This recent advertisement really caught my attention. It reminds me on my very first journey on the air..


My wife, who has tendency of who-is-this-person, suddenly knew that the MAS CEO is Idris Jala. Why not? He himself runs a promo on the latest MAS eye-catching RM0 fare. Credit to him, I believe this promo give a good run for money to another competitor, you-know-who-i'm-talking-about..

Check this out...

The latter is really good in counter-attack. Lower than 0? I would like to post this question to Mr. Tony Fernandes. Sir, lower than 0 meaning -1, -2 and so on. Do you mean if I fly with your airlines, you will give me money? Because when it -RM1 or whatever minus, you have to pay instead of me..hehehe..

Back to my 1st experience taking an aeroplane.
I was working with PwC (PriceWaterhouseCoopers) then, back in 2004. I was assigned to audit flour manufacturer, which required us (4 of us) to do field audit to flour mills in Kuching, Labuan & Lahad Datu. 3 of them already left for Kuching, because I need to complete statutory audit first in KL.

Due to unavailability of ticket, I had to fly by Airasia (it's MAS-first policy in my firm) all alone.
Not to mention my excitement, eagerness to fly..I also worried on the safety factor.
On the day, I acted gentlemanly allowing myself to be the last to enter. (To pretend that I am not the first-timer..haha)
Here you go, there was only one seat left...right at the back, next to the toilet!!!Still, no problem. Cool beb..(Padan muka!!) No wonder everybody was rushing to enter, there is no seat number. Most likely people will know that I am really a first-timer. Grrrr....
1-hour 45-minutes journey from KL to Kuching really bothering me. My legs cramped a bit (my knee touched the front seat). I enjoyed the moment, though. The view from the sky is really fantastic. It reminds the greatness of Allah. Subhanallah. Just compare ourselves with Allah's other creations..we are nobody, truly. But, we have AKAL, that's the only thing make us special. So, by looking at the sky, clouds, mountains & seas, it can bring us closer to Allah, those who wanna think.
The overall journey, especially touchdown was smooth so there was no fuss for me..My friend of mine has problem with touchdown. He always closed his eyes (I believe some bad experience before, skidded or something).
The rest of my flying trips were by MAS. Maybe I can share some other days, especially taking Fokker flight, which I called mini-bus on air.

So, this competition among two airlines giants really benefits us. Some of my friends already looking forward for their trips. There are pros & cons with anyone you choose. While some prefer comfort, the other might go for cheapest no matter what. Smart buyers will always survey first before making any decision. Beware of the asterisk (*) because that usually piss us off..

It's really a good bargain. Some are really cheap, that's why I say..if my cat has the right to fly, even a cat can fly. Unfortunately, no pet on plane please.
-Sigh-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, KL-Kuching 45 mins jer ker?? bkn almost 2hrs ker?? 45 mins KL-Penang kot..:P

-moyie-

Abu Humairah said...

ooo,2 jam ek??
dah tak berapa ingat, 4 tahun yg lalu..hehehe..
maybe 45-min tu KK to Lahad Datu kot...
thanks for correcting that..