Thursday, December 4, 2008

Auto World

Normally I will start doing my analysis once the monthly account completed (it's called closing,for the benefit of non-accounting people)

Since today is 4th and account closed usually on 5th or 6th, so I got more time for myself..hehehe..

In my earlier posting, I did mention that never across in my mind... I will be in the automotive/automobile industry. Never ever..

Even when I first joined this company, I did not really perceived Toyota as a large car manufacturer. Before the interview, I can't even name more than 3 Toyota models. Yes, to that extent!!
But of course I did my homework & confidently listed down those models when asked during the interview. Sounds a silly question, right? But it may cost me the job!!Fuhhhh...

Once I joined, then only I knew how huge Toyota is. Toyota Motor Japan (TMC) currently 2nd largest car manufacturer after General Motor in term of production but in term of profitability, it is already No.1 for the past few years. Besides Toyota City & University of Toyota, another fact that impressed me is that its annual revenue is higher that Malaysia's GDP!!

As you might read recently, recession is coming & auto industry especially in US already in the bad shape. TMC is no escape, though. I just hope this 'cloud' is quickly to move & things gonna be back as normal.

Historically, Toyota is equivalent to Ford in US. We all know very well Henry Ford who was the first invented car. In Japan, Toyoda (founder of Toyota) modified his loom machine (mesin tenun) become a car engine.
One thing I realized, Japanese is very good in copying and make things better. This is what they called Kaizen.. (But I wonder when they will start giving a good fight with Ferrari & McLaren in F1..hehe)

Sorry if you are not so keen with this posting. Too 'Jappo' I guess..hehehe..
Perhaps there is one or two lessons we can learn.

I just tried to refresh some of my little knowledge, to occupy my free time. I consider this as part of my jobscope, to boost my working motivation, before I become busy tomorrow and weeks after...hehehe....

~Arigato Gozaimas~

No comments: