Thursday, June 12, 2008

2nd Cycle

Yesterday, I went to see my oncologist for follow up treatment. To refresh, my chemotherapy session on 2nd June last week was postponed due to low white blood cell count.

Alhamdulillah, yesterday's reading was 6.9 compared to 3.5 last week. The normal range is between 4.3 ~ 10.5. My only worry is that if the reading is still low & the session needs to be dragged again & again.

On top of that, another good news is that my cancer marker (B -hCG) is now 2. Just imagine, before the tumor was removed..the level is 203. Whereas the normal level should be lower that 5..Alhamdulillah..Segala puji hanya bagiMU Ya-Allah..

Today, I will be admitted to ward & proceed with my 2nd cycle of chemotherapy. This session consists of 3 days on the trot (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) followed by session on 18 & 25 June. Hmm, most likely I will miss Jumaat prayer this week. In term of medications, all will be similar as per 1st cycle.

My hairs count is currently between 500 ~ 1000. After this cycle..who can guess how many will still be standing?? :-)


Dear all, next is the main suspect..the culprit who is responsible for the loss of my hair. If you find any of them, please don't take it or you end up bald just like me. Don't say I never warn you..



Last but not least. When I read the following Quranic verse, quickly it reminds me the Greatness of Allah. With the tumor size of 4cm2, it is none compare with the whole universe HE created..

"Sesungguhnya penciptaan langit dan bumi lebih besar daripada penciptaan manusia akan tetapi kebanyakan manusia tidak mengetahui". Al-Mu'min :: 57

(Note: Surah Al-Mukmin is referred as Al-Ghafir in most of the Quran. Besides, this surah is also known as Al-Tawl)

Wallahua'lam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah...:)