Friday, June 13, 2008

The Man Next Bed

My sleep a bit disturbed last night. Although my session finished at 1.20am, still I cannot close my eyes. So was my wife. (Hopefully she is not caught napping in the office today..hehehe)

Pity to uncle Azli, the man who lies beside my bed. He is suffering lung cancer, stage 4. He was first diagnosed with the illness in 2004. After chemotherapy, his condition back to normal ever since. However, it came back just recently.

As a regular to oncology clinic in Damansara Hospital, I can see a lot of cancer patients facing the same problem whenever diagnosed at later stage (Stage 4). I guess that's why cancer is dubbed as silent killer. Most are detected when there are too late. Having said that, quite a number also who managed to escape the disease.

Successful recovery normally credited to the good treatment whether it is modern (chemotherapy, radiotherapy, nuclear etc) or alternative (herbs, homeopathy etc). What many fail to understand is that when the treatment didn't work the way it should, they blame the God.

Alhamdulillah, as Muslims where believe in Qada' & Qadar is a must, we will always back to Allah for any circumstances. I don't have to elaborate this further. Or else you will find an unqualified khatib giving a Khutbah Jumaat here.

Back to uncle Azli. He was coughing all night long. I repeat, all night long. It is not a normal cough. I can feel the pain of his whole body everytime he coughs. We pity him deeply. What I admired him, every cough will be followed by istigfar. Be strong uncle!! Definitely this is tarbiyah from Allah and it is priceless..

Wallahua'lam

No comments: