Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Appraisal (read as Praise Yourself)

I believe, some of us are in the midst of writing, updating or worrying about the performance appraisal (or whatever name your workplace call it). Those who do not familiar, it is the assessment of your performance.

Certainly in my office, this is talk of the month.

As said by a friend of mine "Zairy, setahun ko tak buat keje pun takpe..Yg penting ayat mesti mau power!!"

Frankly, I don't buy it. I rather have 'real' work than good points. IT IS NOT I AM THAT GOOD. Perhaps because I realized I did not perform, that is why I prefer to have average score.

When I was in audit life, each assignment should be attached with an assessment. I remembered writing 4-5 within half a year.
Luckily it is just once a year in my current employment. Even then, what a feeling to update that!!!I HATE IT MOST!!

I hate to impress anybody with my job. I hate to justify why I badly need high score. I hate people claim credits for what they did not deserved to..

Enough said. For this year's appraisal, due to my long absence (4 & 1/2 months), I put relatively poor mark for my own, in which my colleagues disagree. Definitely illness (in my case, it is cancer) is something you never wish for..
It's not that I took long leave for a vacation or something.. (Although I did travel in my final week of medical leave..hehe..sorry!!)
Quite surprising..my boss asked me to revise my score, at least to be at the average range..hmmm, should I buy her lunch?

But I have to be fair to myself & my company as well. For me, even I get half the bonus than the rest do..I think I'll be just fine. (Er..sure or not??!!hehehe). Insya-Allah, may I will always be contented for what I have..Amin..

However, all the above are purely my personal opinion. Nevertheless, I fully support friends & people who deserve to be accredited for hard-work & commitment towards the jobs. I just against those who write everything on earth just to praise themselves..

See you then..Adios & Salam..

Wallahua'lam..

6 comments:

kuizikel said...

blog ada appraisal tak? hehe

kt tmpat aku pnggil LNPT. laporan nilaian prestasi tahunan.. :)

Anonymous said...

aku kitorg panggil SKT.tapi aku pon x tau apa maknanya.nanti aku check hahaha

Anonymous said...

Dah tau dah.SKT maksudnya Sasaran Kerja Tahunan. Sungguh 'gomen' bunyiknya kan?

wanrulez said...

aku kat muamalat...diorang panggil al falah.
hehehehe....

Abu Humairah said...

LNPT & SKT...sgt gomen...
al falah plak islamic bangat sih...

kat toyota..performance management & development system @ PMDS...bukan PMS ye..hehe..

MizWaR_SuLHaFaT said...

Paling aku tak suke..!! PMDS...!!