Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Chapter: Radiotherapy



Those who are zero on cancer will be wondering what is chemotherapy, radiotherapy bla..bla...

Make my story short..first we have to understand cancer itself..
Anyway, let me remind you that this is purely my own words. Hope you can understand...
It's not easy to be a doctor, I think that you already knew.. hehehe..

First, one is suspected with cancer (anywhere, in general) once they found out tumor (even with mm in measurement)..
Tumor could be non-dangerous (they called it non-maligned or non-cancerous).. However, your life begins to change once your tumor is confirmed cancerous or malignant!! The danger of it is due to its nature; mutating & multiplying..

Still with me? Thank you..

So, to treat cancer, there are several options..depending on the nature of the cancer, as well as the patient itself..

For beginning stage (1 or 2), surgery is most probable (by removing the entire cancerous tumor)..
Besides, chemotherapy is needed (chemo means they use drugs to kill all cells in the body to prevent cancer from progressing)

For cases in later stage (3 & 4), whereby cancer cells already spread to the most of the important organs (lung, liver etc)... still, chemotherapy is needed.

In addition, when the cells spread to the bones or brain, radiotherapy will be used here..
Radiotherapy literally I can described as using x-ray (sort of) to kill the particular cells which already placed in the bones or brain..

Today my mum.. Alhamdulillah underwent the 1st session of radiotherapy for the cells that believed to be cancerous sits at spinal cord..
Pity her.. what else can I say...

It's good to see my beloved oncologists in HUKM back, especially Dr. Azrif who attended to my mum's case...
It's a tiring day..everybody already went to sleep since 9pm..mum, dad, my wife & kid, my sister & brother...
But I am still here, thinking of.. pick your guess.. I am thinking of everything, basically...

Yes, it was the 1st of many days to come...
May Allah grants us the strength, the will to overcome this test...also His forgiveness for whatever our wrongdoings...

Thinking of the sickness of Nabi Ayyub a.s....
perhaps this is nothing..

Ya-Allah...kepadaMu kami berserah & bertawakkal.. Amin....

3 comments:

kuizikel said...

smoga dipermudahkan segalanya..amin

~tuah.rimbun~ said...

thank you for sharing..
semuga cepat sembuh,
lancar segala perjalanan..

hang_lipur said...

thanks for the info...

terigt cikjah nadey yg dah jalani chemo utk brain cencer...then continue dgn radiatheraphy...huhu mmg sgguh kuat semangat makcik ku... smg cikjah di JANNAH yg indah yer...

and for ciki...kuat semangat..insya-allah cepat sembuh...amin.............