Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Takaful @ Life Insurance: My Story

Life Insurance?No Thanks
Like most of us (I guess), I myself believe that life insurance is good, but yet again, just ignore the importance of it.

In my case, since 2005 I am approached not less than 3 friends who tried to get me signed up. I even sometimes had to avoid them because I have no heart to reject. Although I realized the benefits of taking a life insurance, the main factor refrained me from taking any is the MONEY.

If the policy is one-off payment, maybe I can consider that. However, monthly commitment to mantain the coverage triggered me to think twice. So, along that 3 years (2005 ~ 2007), my priority went to things other than that. (Household, cars & those..)

Signed Up
As life went through, our income is getting 'better' & age is getting older, we already put life insurance coverage in our 2008 budget planning.

So, in Feb 2008 one of my former classmates called me up & offered me takaful product which I believe the best in town. After a few discussions, I agreed to get my wife & I covered, which was dated on 6 March 2008.

Moment of Truth
Then came the faithful event, which led to my cancer diagnosis, on 18 April 2008. Sadly to say, in takaful policy, it stated that there is a grace period of 120 days from the day we sign before we are fully covered officially (on critical illnesses).
Yes, unlucky for me not to get any cents from the coverage. If not, I can be a few thousand richer by now.. :-)
Everything happened for a reason..that is what I believe.

~ to be continued ~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

aku pon xde insuran pe lagi.. ada sorang senior asek call, sms.. pastu mintak no kwn lain.. adoi.. aku pon x tau lg nak beli ke x..

Anonymous said...

hai Kui Said, Assalamualaikum, ada masa lawat blog saya
www.my-prubsn.blogspot.com
mungkin sedikit sebanyak boleh kita share tentang pengalaman kita...

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://yvikytuj.s-enterprize.com/ipykexi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

valium online valium controlled substance - safest place buy valium online

Anonymous said...

http://www.achildsplace.org/banners/tramadolonline/#6495 buy tramadol cod - buy tramadol online no prescription cod

Anonymous said...

Altɦough abdominal muscles cheapest агe mߋst likelʏ a waste of thе money.
Αs a а fеw fɑct, no manual brushing pгovides
you with that aftеr-dentist sensation еxactly the ѕame way an excellent electric toothbrush Ԁoes.
Ƭhe brushes charging base ɦaѕ become improved and it is muсh a lot ƅetter
than itѕ previous models.

Feel free tօ surf to mʏ weblog - sonic toothbrush coupons

Anonymous said...

Excellent items from you, man. I have have in mind your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent.
I really like what you have bought here, certainly like what you're saying and the way in which by which you are saying it.
You're making it entertaining and you still
care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to learn much
more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.



My blog post - cure for herpes simplex 2 ()