Sunday, November 16, 2008

Follow-up

Although I'd completed my chemotherapy treatment quite some time ago, I still need to see doctor once every two months.
Yes, any cancer patient will be under surveillance within 1-2 years, to ensure that the cancer cell is totally out of the picture.

My latest follow-up was last Thursday, which blood test & x-ray were done simultaneously.
Alhamdulillah...everything are OK for this moment. And I do hope it will be forever, Amin..

During the session, I also raised my curiosity on when I can father another child.
As expected, Dr. Ros advised me to wait for at least 1 year or two. The longer is better. This is due to the fact that chemotherapy might gave an impact to my body cell, or genes in particular. Not a risk-taker as I am, I will follow the advice accordingly. Since my wife underwent Caesarean delivery on our 1st baby, I believe this is one of the 'hikmah'.
At least, more focus can be spent on her development. As always, think positively on anything that happen.

In fact, I should be grateful. There are unfortunate people who wish to have a baby but couldn't or haven't.
I truly understand those.

Sometimes Allah's plan works in most mysterious ways..Be patient & content with whatever Allah's will.
That's all I can say..

Wallahua'lam..

3 comments:

wanrulez said...

wahh...ada plan nk tambah baby dlm masa terdekat ni ke?
cepat...kejar nik apis

Abu Humairah said...

ish,nik apiz tu 100m sprinter..tak terkejo eden!!!

aku long distance runner..slow & steady je...ahaks...

kuizikel said...

aha.. relaks2 dulu.. bg aku catch up :)